Partnership with Bulgarian Association for patients' Defence
Bulgarian Association for Patients' Defence
Sofia, 1000,"Patriarh Evtimii" blvd. №18, fl.4 ap.8,tel.(02) 981 6669,www.patient.bg
The main activity of The Bulgarian Association for Patients’ Defense (BAPD) is to activate the participation of members, citizens and patients in the Bulgarian Healthcare System’s reform. Our aim is to popularize patients’ rights and to eliminate (as far as possible) medical malpractices while performing medical services and patients’ treatment. Preparation and distribution of relevant information fro patients, are also some of the activities of the Bulgarian Association for Patients’ Defense. We organize a number of initiatives related to disease prevention and patient safety.
BAPD’s mission is to achieve its goals by means of:
• Working together with the specialized departments of Bulgarian Healthcare System,
• Analysing operative legislation and operation base in respect to the Health Insurance;
• Searching for accordance between European and world best medical practices and the Bulgarian legislation;
• Exchanging information with other government and non-government organizations (NGOs);
• Protecting of patients from medical malpractices, compensations and legal protection;
• Organizing informational campaigns for diseases prevention and patients’ rights;
• Participating in the decision making of the Bulgarian Ministry of Health and the National Health Insurance Fund regarding patients’ rights and searching for solutions of their problems.
The Bulgarian Association for Patients’ Defense is a member of European and international patients’ organizations:
• International Alliance of Patients' Organizations (IAPO)
• European Public Health Alliance
• Active Citizenship Network
• Health First Europe
• European Patients’ Forum
And many other international, national and regional associations.
Bulgarian Association for Patients’ Defense (BAPD) is working in collaboration with "Tokuda Hospital Sofia" on the pilot project in Bulgaria for an external civil audit of the hospitals and evaluation of patients’ satisfaction. For any questions, complaints, comments and more you can find us at our office in "Tokuda Hospital Sofia", 3rd floor or on our web address - www.patient.bg.
51B "Nikola I. Vaptsarov" blvd. (if you drive, the entrance is from "At. Dukov" str.), "Hladilnika" distr., 1407 "Lozenets".
The hospital has a parking lot. The first 30 min. are free of charge, then a fee of 3 bgn/hours applies.
Buses: №88, 120
Shuttle bus: 32
Subway: Getting off at "James Bourchier" station, after that walking through "Lozenets" distr., or tram №10, taking off at "Nikola I. Vaptsarov" stop. or a bus №88, taking ff at "Tokuda Hospital" stop.
From the Central Railway Station
Bus line №305 getting off at "Romanian embassy" stop
From "Romanian embassy" stop – Bus line №120 getting off at "Tokuda Hospital" stop.
(after the traffic lights at "Atanas Dukov" str.
With a subway, from "Central Railway Station" station, getting off at "James Bourchier" station, after that walking through "Lozenets" distr., or tram №10, taking off at "Nikola I. Vaptsarov" stop. or a bus №88, taking ff at "Tokuda Hospital" stop.